This is translated from the dutch ‘Privacy verklaring’.
This statement applies to our websites (houseofhats.nl, esdee.nl, tailorofhats.nl) and the services we offer. House of Hats respects the privacy of its customers, relations and visitors and ensures that the personal data you provide to us is treated confidentially and with care. We treat your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
House of Hats
KvK nummer: 53157591
Winkeladres: Papestraat 24, 2513AW Den Haag
telefoon: 070 406 00 53
Personal data used
In order to provide its services and products, House of Hats use can process a number of personal data: names, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, address details, bank account numbers, photos and head sizes..
In addition, we process information that you provide to us yourself, for example by e-mail.
Sometimes we ask you by email for personal information that is relevant to the situation in question. This makes it possible to process your questions and answer your requests. We may save these messages from an email exchange.
Newsletters – use of your email address
Your e-mail address will only be placed on the list for newsletters if you have given permission for this. If you no longer appreciate this at any time, you can unsubscribe. The information is not provided to third parties.
View, change, or delete personal data
We offer customers and relations the opportunity to view, change or delete all personal information provided to us. (However, deletion is only allowed if the data is no longer relevant).
If you want to change or delete your data, please contact us. Of course we must be able to identify you on the basis of the information known to us in order to process your request.
We use a standard retention period of 3 years. This means that we will delete your data 3 years after you have contacted House of Hats. Excepted from this are:`
- Data that we need to keep longer because the law requires us to do so, such as data for the tax authorities (7-year tax retention obligation).
- Data for the newsletter – e-mail addresses and possibly name – are stored indefinitely. The list for newsletters is maintained through “opt-in” – your consent – and “opt-out” – unsubscribe. Invalid e-mail addresses will be removed from the list.
Provision to third parties
We pass on the information you provide to third parties, if this is necessary for the delivery of the products or services you have ordered. For example, we can pass on data to PostNL to deliver an order.
We also use Social Media (facebook, instagram, etc.) to promote the store; – we only take and post photos of customers with their permission.
Furthermore, we will not provide the information you provide to other parties, unless this is required by law. For example, it is possible that the police will request information from us in the context of investigations. In that case we are legally obliged to provide your data.
Data processed and managed by third parties
- The House of Hats email is hosted at my.host. This means that if you have an e-mail exchange with House of Hats, the relevant mails will be stored on my.host’s servers.
- The websites and backups of the websites are hosted at my.host. Information that you leave on the House of Hats websites is stored on the servers of my.host.
- The newsletters can be sent with Mailchimp and / or MailerLite. This means that when you sign up for the newsletter, your e-mail address and given first name are automatically saved in the appropriate list.
Responsibility for data processing on social media
House of Hats uses Social Media (facebook, instagram, etc.) to promote the store – we take and post photos and any other personal data of customers only with their permission.
You can follow us on:
When you visit our pages and respond to them, your data is processed. The Social Media platform is responsible for ensuring that this is done in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
For more information about data processing by the Social Media platform, please refer to the privacy statement of the social media platform:
Questions and complaints
We regularly check whether we comply with this privacy statement. If you have any questions, comments or complaints, you can of course contact us!
This privacy statement was last modified on May 5, 2020. House of Hats reserves the right to make changes.